The Office of the City Secretary is committed to our core values: Transparency, Integrity and Professionalism.
The Office provides many services to the City of Brownsville, such as:
- Preserving the official records of the City of Brownsville
- Providing staff support to the City Commission and Management
- Attending and recording all City Commission meetings
- Administering the City Records Management Program
- Receiving and processing Public Information Requests
- Filling all birth, death and fetal certificates of the City of Brownsville
- Processing and certifying alcoholic beverages applications
- Collecting fees and Issuing Permits for:
- Beer and Wine Permits
- Hotel/Motel Occupancy Tax
The Brownsville City Commission is proud to recognize its community members through proclamations to honor, celebrate or create awareness of an event, person or organization.
Proclamation requests should be submitted 14 days prior to the requested date.
The City of Brownsville reserves the right to approve or decline the production of a proclamation request and to edit any drafted material for final wording.